While your Lennox® HVAC equipment isn’t able to speak to you, it possesses a method to get your attention when there’s a furnace error.
Its control board has double LED lights that can display a fault code. Based on the issue, your furnace might use steady or flashing lights.
Although there are a few elementary heating adjustments you can complete yourself, many services are best left to experts. When your furnace will not kick on or put out heated air, get in touch with Contra Costa Heating & AC at 510-343-9841 for experienced furnace repair in The Bay Area.
Our technicians will quickly discover and handle the breakdown, even if you don’t have a Lennox heating system. We can service any brands or models—and get the comfort reintroduced to your house quickly.
What Does the Blinking Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your heater uses lights to flash code when it requires repairs. It also uses these lights to let you know it’s operating correctly.
Regular operation involves:
- Simultaneous slow flash—heater running like it should.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is starting to call for heat.
If you see a solitary light going on and off slowly and the other going on and off rapidly, your heating system could have a low flame signal. This can occur even when your heater is operating like it should. It indicates the flame sensing rod might have buildup or in the bad location on the burner. Reach out to us at 510-343-9841 for assistance.
Here are a few other of the most common faults for Lennox heaters.
Heater Won’t Turn On
Here are many of the light arrangements you could observe when your heater refuses to or keep running. The majority of these problems need to be repaired by a technician, like one from Contra Costa Heating & AC.
- Both LED lights are off. This means your heating system might not have electricity. Go to the breaker box to confirm the heating system fuse isn’t flipped. Try resetting the fuse if it’s in the “off” area. If it rapidly turns off after a subsequent reset, don’t try to reset it again and contact us at 510-343-9841.
- An individual light is stable and the other is blinking slowly. This signifies the flame rollout switch is may be malfunctioning. The part is an essential safety tool that assists in stopping fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to take care of this fault without professional help.
- One light is blinking rapidly and the other is flickering slowly. This likely means power polarity has been transposed. Your heater might have a wiring issue that requires professional assistance from Contra Costa Heating & AC.
- Both lights are flashing slowly. This signifies your heating system’s blower motor possibly isn’t working. This part circulates hot air from the furnace into your home. We can assist in figuring out what’s wrong with this part.
- One light is flickering slowly and the other is flashing rapidly. This means your HVAC system could have insufficient voltage or a short circuit. Reach out to our specialists at 510-343-9841 for help.
- One light is flickering on, on, off while the other flashes on, off, on. This means there may be a fault with your heating system’s motherboard or wiring. Contra Costa Heating & AC can find the error and fix it.
- Both lights show alternate slow blinks. This means your HVAC equipment likely has a flame failure. There might be an issue with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Call us at 510-343-9841 for help.
- An individual light flickers slowly while the other is solid. This often means your HVAC equipment’s limit switch is malfunctioning. The switch keeps your heater from overheating. Reach out to the professionals at Contra Costa Heating & AC for assistance.
Heater Blower Works But No Warmth
Here’s what might be wrong when you observe your heater’s blower fan running, but you aren’t receiving any warm air.
- The duo of lights are giving alternate fast flashes. This indicates your furnace ignitor might be broken. This part kindles gas in your heater to produce warmth and should be serviced by an expert from Contra Costa Heating & AC.
Depend on Us for Professional Furnace Repair
When you have to get your HVAC equipment in working order fast, depend on the professionals at Contra Costa Heating & AC. Our pros will take care of the fault right away and have your residence feeling cozy again in no time. Get in touch with us at 510-343-9841 or contact us online to schedule an appointment now.