You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Contra Costa Heating & AC have put together a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major difference on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting accustomed to the present temperature, try changing it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Contra Costa Heating & AC technician is over for your regular furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 510-343-9841.