Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the the Bay Area summer, have the specialists at Contra Costa Heating & AC perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Contra Costa Heating & AC today at 510-343-9841.