During the cooler the Bay Area months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Contra Costa Heating & AC will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Contra Costa Heating & AC right away if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Contra Costa Heating & AC can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Contra Costa Heating & AC at 510-343-9841 or arrange an appointment with us online.