When it’s cold in the Bay Area you count on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you might have to have a furnace repair. The more promptly you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Contra Costa Heating & AC.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be something wrong with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your house.
4. Your utility bill keeps climbing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps growing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace at once and close off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to fix.
You’ll know when you have to schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Contra Costa Heating & AC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.