As springtime rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in the Bay Area? Even if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was cooling just fine last season.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked annually by a Contra Costa Heating & AC technician can help spot small problems before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outside, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to take care of complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up inside your equipment can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to increased energy needs—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity bill and in the long-term, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint minor troubles before they become large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly look at components and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to identify issues before they create major issues that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the following locations and components:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Now with Contra Costa Heating & AC
Today is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Contra Costa Heating & AC pros a ring at 510-343-9841 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.