As spring begins, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in The Bay Area? Especially if your cooling system is recently installed or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Contra Costa Heating & AC professional can help spot little issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify little problems before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine components and complete a cycle of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your unit is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Today with Contra Costa Heating & AC
Today is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Contra Costa Heating & AC pros a call at 510-343-9841 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.