Make your life easier—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures appear. You can save on your utility bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Contra Costa Heating & AC expert each year. This is important to keep your unit working for a long time to come. Our technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your air conditioner, which can obstruct airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the cold season, make sure to uncover it. You can ruin your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for big repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Contra Costa Heating & AC service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more often.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned frequently. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever warmer temps can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Contra Costa Heating & AC team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.